School Dance Directory
Magic Star Music Systems features some of the best disc
jockeys for a graduation event or school dance. Our
music meets our strict guidelines
and pricing is based on the individual needs of the
school. We refuse to have a "one price fits
all" mentality, so check out what we have to offer and
you will be pleasantly surprised.
Please indicate the type of school that you are requesting
information about by clicking on the most appropriate link
This page is designed with the sole purpose of helping
you quickly find the information that you are looking for
regarding any type of dance associated with schools or any
type of graduation event. If you are unable to find the
information you require or if you think the needs of your
party may be unique, we recommend that you contact
us for more accurate information.
To choose the package that is most appropriate for your
event we suggest that you consider some of the following
ideas and tips:
- Do you need the DJ to set up early? This is
particularly helpful to know if the event is in a major
hotel where loading equipment into the building is a
- Is there a particular person at the venue that is
knowledgeable about loading zones or the easiest ways to
navigate the interior of the building. This is not
required for smaller venues.
- Is there electricity available near where the disc
jockey will be setting up the DJ system.
- Will the building owner permit the use of fog
machines. Many facilities won't allow foggers to be
used as they have been known to cause smoke detectors to
activate. If Fog machines are allowed, does a
section of the fire alarm system have to be disabled
temporarily? (During the event) Who is
responsible to de-activate then re-activate the zone(s)
of the fire alarm system?
- For most light shows we recommend a minimum ceiling
height of at least 10 feet. (3.3 meters)
- Will there be a table provided for the DJ to set up the
- Is the dance floor area immediately in front of the
DJ? Sometimes the facility will unknowingly place
the Disc Jockey at the opposite end of the room from the
dance floor. This is not usually a good location.
- Is there a hard surface dance floor? Many dances
we have seen have a carpeted area to dance on. This
is not usually recommended and a temporary dance floor
should be placed if there is carpeting in the dance floor
- Can the lights be dimmed in the dance floor area and
where are the light controls?
- Please keep the Disc Jockey away from high traffic
areas if possible. Sometimes we have been asked to
set up the DJ system near a kitchen entrance or main
entry door. These are not good choices as there are
often a lot of obstacles to trip on around the DJ system
and safety is always one of our priorities.
- Make sure that the Disc Jockey system does not
interfere with access to fire exits.
- Please consider if any special equipment may be
necessary for the DJ to bring. An example could
be: cordless microphone for an emcee to move around
freely without dragging a cord around that someone may
trip on. Specialty lighting such as mood
lighting or floods to illuminate dark areas.
- Does the shape of the room require extra speakers or
really long speaker wires?
- Consider if the guests may wish to submit a song
request list in advance.
- Will you be requiring any of Magic Stars famous extras?
- If you are planning a graduation event, be sure to pass
all of your information to next years person or
committee. (if it would be someone other than
yourself of course) This will permit them to re-use
the services that have met the expectations of the school
We hope that some of these suggestions will help
streamline the planning of your special event.
Most of our School Dance Packages include the famous Magic
If you are requiring to book a dance without a light show,
Star Music Systems
Greater Vancouver to Hope, the Fraser Valley and the